Delta Omega Inductees
|Dora Adoboe, MPH||Olufemi Aduroja, MPH|
|Janet Bronstein, PhD||Andrea Carcelen, MPH|
|Susan Chandler, MPH||Naomi Chen, MPH|
|Natalie De La Cruz, PhD||Steven Garmon, MPH|
|Sarah Hemmings, MPH||Ann Montgomery, PhD|
|Jeralyn Powell, MPH||Andrea Schertzer, MPH|
|Faisal Shuaib, DrPH||Meghan Tipre, MSPH|
|Marianne Vandromme, MSPH||Kayte Vucurevich, MPH|
Founded in 1924, Delta Omega is the honorary society for graduate studies in public health. The society was established to celebrate excellent academic achievement, devotion to public health principles and outstanding service in public health. Membership categories include: student, alumni, faculty, honorary, and emeriti.
The Upsilon Chapter, established at UAB in 1989 by Elizabeth Delzell, ScD, has inducted 325 members (students, alumni and faculty) who promote scholarly pursuits in public health at the UAB School of Public Health and in the community at large.
Members are inducted annually based upon outstanding performance in scholarship, teaching, and community service in the public health arena.
For more information, http://www.deltaomega.org/
Selection of new student members:
Nominating committee meets and selects from eligible students based on:
- Leadership and achievements in:
- Scholarly activity
- Upper twenty-five percent (25%) in class standing
- Graduate GPA of at least 3.75
- Letter of endorsement (letter of support) - Click here for the SOPH Delta Omega Faculty List
- Plans to attend the graduation induction ceremonies; and
- Plans to follow a career in public health.
- Limited to 10% or fewer of students from any graduating class.
- Eligible students notified of nomination
|Robin Lanzi, PhD||President|
|Martha Wingate, PhD and Susan Davies, PhD||Induction Committee|
|Suzanne Judd, PhD||Program Committee|
|John Waterbor, MD, DrPH||Bylaws Committee|
|Janet Turan, PhD and Lisa McCormick, DrPH||Nominations Committee|