Student Forms

Click here for all UAB Graduate School's Online Forms


  1. Application for Degree - Masters or Application for Degree - Doctoral

  2. Audit Graduate Level Coursework - Use this form to audit a graduate course.
  3. Graduate Student Academic Appeal form - Masters and Doctoral - appeal course drop / add or withdrawal after stated deadlines
  4. Course Substitution - request the substitution of "Track" or Elective" course
  5. Course Waiver Form - request to be waived from a course that was previously completed in another program
  6.  Change of Advisor Form
  7. Grade Replacement Request Form - The grade replacement policy allows a graduate student who repeats a course taken at UAB to request a grade replacement in which the grade for the first course be excluded from their GPA calculation. 
  8. Degree Completion Plan with Validation of Expired Coursework - Graduate students are generally expected to complete all degree requirements within 5 years of matriculation for a master’s program and within 7 years of matriculation for a doctoral program. One extension of these time limits can be requested when mitigating circumstances preclude completion of requirements within the time limit.

  9. Incomplete Grade Form -  request consideration for an "I" grade
  10. Interdepartmental Change - request a change of departments
  11. Intra-departmental Change - request a change of degree, track and/or advisor within the same department
  12. Request for Leave of Absence - All students are expected to remain continuously enrolled throughout his or her course of study, unless personal or financial circumstances necessitate a leave of absence. A leave of absence request may be submitted for one semester at a time. If an extension is needed, you must complete a new leave request form.  A leave of academic absence which may not exceed one (1) academic year.

  13. Transfer of Graduate Credit - This policy pertains to transfer of credit from other universities, course work taken in other graduate degree programs or course work taken at the UAB School of Public Health as a non-degree seeking student.

  14. UAB Change of Name Request form


  1. Graduate Study Committee Form - These forms and all required attachments must be completed and submitted to the Graduate School before you can register for research hours.
  2. Master's Project Committee Form - if your master's program requires a research project as part of the requirement for the degree, a committee must be appointed
  3. Notification of Qualifying Exam Results
  4. Application for Admission to Candidacy for the Degree of Doctor of Public Health  
  5.  Application for Admission to Candidacy for the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy
  6. Request To Change Graduate Study Committee - Change of the Graduate Study Committee can be made by submitting this form to the Graduate School for approval. 
  7. Request for Thesis or Dissertation Approval Form